Fire Damage Awareness Day
This one day practical course teaches students the art of fire and smoke damage restoration.
Over the course of lectures, discussions, practical exercises and workbook exercises students will cover everything from structure and contents cleaning to odour control and equipment.
It will enable you to understand and use heat drying technology to conduct flood restoration projects safely and to a high professional standard.
The course covers:
- The inspection
(experience smoke damage to Flood House)
- Integral strategy and planning
- Restoration chemicals/supplies and equipment
- Deodorizing/odour control
- Basic cleaning
- Structural cleaning
- Contents restoration
- And more...
Availability and Attendees
The Fire Damage Awareness Days are being run throughout the year, however due to a huge demand some dates have already been reserved for private course bookings. We have limited the course to 16 people per day to allow for the full experience and quality of service to be maintained.
Pricing and Payment
We aim to charge our customers a fair price for a quality service.
Our current rate per attendee is: £295 + VAT (includes course attendance, lunch and refreshments throughout the day)
Payment can be made via cheque or credit/debit card. Please indicate how you would like to pay on the booking form.
Booking & Terms & Conditions
Booking could not be easier...
- Call us on 01252 821185, or
- Download and complete the booking form
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- post to: The National Flood School, Valori House (Ceratech House), 1 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QE
We will confirm your booking in writing as soon as payment has been received and we have verified your information and requested dates.
For our full Terms & Conditions, please refer to the booking form.
08.30 Arrival and Registration
09.30 Introduction to the day
09.40 Flood House
- Introduction to Flood House
- Flood house is damaged by smoke
- Students experience smoke damage to Flood House
10.30 Fire Dynamics
- Major causes of fire
- Types of fire
- Smoke behaviour
- Items at risk dependant on the type of fire residue
- Early action to mitigate damage
11.30 Odour Control
- Sources, treatments and devices
12.00 Fogging demo
13.00 Cleaning and restoration techniques - Buildings
- Liquid Free methods
- Abrasive liquid methods
- Wet cleaning techniques
13.45 Cleaning technique demo - Building
14.15 Cleaning and restoration techniques plus demonstration - Contents
- Wooden furniture
- Plastic laminates
- Electrical items
- Textiles (rugs, clothing, curtains, carpets)
- Ceramics, photographs, artwork, books, paper, collectables
15.45 Transportation, moving and packing
- Managing a 'pack out' for off-site restoration
16.00 Inspection Techniques
- Triage techniques
- Fire specific Risk Assessment and control measures
- Test clean
- Estimating methodologies